PATTERN - sign up now.

Artwork by Kirsten Sevig

Fancy some redecoration? Time to spruce up the ol' place? Well, if wallpaper is too bold a step, how about we try to create one ourselves with our very own PATTERN

The C.T. board has some examples of the kind  of direction you could take. As you can see, you don't have to create it digitally. All I ask is that we each include at least two different elements that repeat themselves. If doing this all freehand, don't worry if some object vary slightly between repeated items. We'll get the idea well enough. 

Time for a Spring clean, as it were, but um, with Autumn chills soon approaching, perhaps we just consider this in lieu of a fresh coat of paint? :)

7 comments:

  1. seeing only half the image, I thought it might be 'flowers' but pattern? need to think on that.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I chose that image to show how one can illustrate it but the Pinterest board shows plenty of other examples of patterns, if interested. While I've never made one before, I see there are tons of tutorials on how to do it, including Sue's (below) and ones for Photoshop. Should be good! I can see, for you, maybe a series of yellow umbrellas thrown in to the mix? :)

      Delete
  2. I love patterns, maybe not so good at making my own due to a lack of patience, but here goes! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally am with you, Christine. I have never made a pattern before and suspect none of us have but what a good challenge. It could be quite fun and lovely the end results! :)

      Delete
  3. this will be fun! i found a great tutorial for making hand-drawn repeating patterns ... in case anyone is interested. See you on the 20th!

    https://www.skillshare.com/tutorials/5-Steps-to-Illustrating-a-Repeat-Pattern-by-Hand/59

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOh, that is really great, Sue. Thank you! I know that there are other tutorials out there if one wants to do it digitally too adn am sure there must be other hand ones too but this looks perfect. :)

      Yes, I think it will be good. A fun challenge for all of us. You know me, I always like to mix things up and keep up fresh in that way vs. doing the same old same old that is tried and true.

      Now, if we can only get some more sign ups! :)

      Delete
  4. Please bear with me, I'm ordinary things challenged. I created a pattern. It is a digital file. Now what should I do? Do I put it into a blog post? And then link my blog post here somehow?

    ReplyDelete